II. Information We Collect and How it is Used
A. Information you give us
You do not have to give us any personal information to browse this Site. However, you may be asked to provide personal information to register as a user of this Site, to make purchases through this Site, to submit information or request information from us, or to use the services offered through this Site. This information may include:
• Registration Information: When you sign up for this Site, you are required to provide information such as your name, username, password, and email address.
• Payment Information: If you purchase products or services through this Site, you will be required to provide payment card information so that we may process the transaction, including without limitation the name of the cardholder, payment card number, CVV number, payment card expiration date, billing address, shipping address, telephone number and the recipient’s name.
• User Testimonials and Pictures: You may choose to provide us with user testimonials, including pictures that you submit to the Site. This information may be made public to users of the Site and other third parties, including through our blog.
• Additional Information: Additional information that you provide to us, including through feedback, messages, emails, posts to public discussion boards, answers to surveys or questionnaires that you may submit.
B. Automated Information Collection
We may collect certain information about your use of this Site through the use of tracking technologies or by other passive means. We may use analytics applications such as Google Analytics to help collect and analyze this information. This “passively collected” information includes, but is not limited to, the domain name of the website that allowed you to navigate to this Site, search engines used, the internet protocol (IP) address used, the length of time spent on this Site, the pages you looked at on this Site, other websites you visited before and after visiting this Site, the type of internet browser you have, the frequency of your visits to this Site, and other relevant statistics, including the following:
• Log Information. When you access this Site, our servers automatically record information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website. These server logs may include information such as your web request, IP address, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request, your computer operating system, mobile device and mobile operating system, name of your internet service provider or your mobile carrier, and one or more cookies (small text files containing a string of characters) that may uniquely identify your browser.
• Links. The Site may include links in a format that enables us to keep track of whether these links have been followed by IP addresses. We use this information to improve the quality of our products and design.
• URLs. When you visit or access this Site, we automatically receive the URL of the site from which you came and the site to which you are going when you leave this Site. Additionally, advertisers receive the URL of the page you were on when you click on an ad on this Site.
• Web Beacons. Web beacons (also known as “pixel tags” or “clear GIFs”) are 1×1 single-pixel graphics that allow us to count the number of users who have visited or accessed this Site and to recognize users by accessing our cookies. We may employ web beacons to facilitate Site administration and navigation, to track the actions of users of this Site, to compile aggregate statistics about Site usage and response rates, and to provide an enhanced online experience for visitors to this Site. We may also include web beacons in HTML-formatted email messages that we send to determine which email messages were opened.
• Aggregate Information. We may compile certain personal information and other information collected through this Site on an aggregate basis. This information may include, without limitation, the number of people who have visited this Site and other user demographics. Such aggregate information does not identify you individually.
III. How We Use Personal Information
Personal information collected through this Site may be used by us and our affiliates for purposes of:
Managing your account and providing the products and services you select through this Site;
Responding to your questions and feedback;
Contacting you, whether by email, postal mail, or telephone with information about this Site, our products, or our services;
For such purposes as you may authorize at the time you submit the information;
Auditing, research, and analysis to maintain, protect, and improve this Site and our services;
Ensuring the technical functions of our network;
Improving and customizing the content and layout of this Site;
Tailoring advertisements to you;
Developing new products and services; or
Compiling personal information and other information collected through this Site on an aggregate basis.
IV. Personal Information We Share
We do not sell, rent, trade, or otherwise share personal information collected through this Site, except as described below:
User Submissions. User testimonials (including pictures) that you submit to us may be made public to users of this Site, including certain metadata related to such activities (such as timestamps). In addition, other information which you upload, post, email, submit, or otherwise transmit in connection with this Site to a public message board, chat area or other public area of this Site will be made public to users of this Site, including certain metadata related to such activities (such as timestamps). You are solely responsible for any such information you choose to post on or through this Site. All user testimonials (including pictures) that you submit to us, and any information that is posted to a message board, chat area, or other public area of this Site may be shared by us with others.
Subsidiaries and Affiliates. We may share personal information with our subsidiaries and affiliates for the purposes for which you provided the information or as reasonably necessary for our internal administrative and business purposes. We may share personal information and non-personal information with these third parties for the purpose of enabling them to provide these services.
Service Providers. We work with third parties that provide products and services on our behalf. Such services may include payment processing, website usage analytics, website hosting, marketing, distribution centers, and order fulfillment service providers. We may share personal information and non-personal information with these third parties for the purpose of enabling them to provide these services. We do not bear any responsibility for any actions or policies of such third parties.
Third Party Payment Processors. If you purchase any products from this Site, we may share personal information with third parties who process payments on our behalf. We are not responsible for the conduct of any third parties who process payments on our behalf, and we expressly disclaim all liability for damages of any kind arising out of the action or inaction of such third parties.
Consent. We may share personal information in accordance with any consent you provide.
Required by Law. We may disclose personal information or any information collected through this Site if we are required to do so by law or pursuant to legal process, in response to a request from government officials or law enforcement authorities, or as necessary or appropriate in connection with an investigation of illegal activity.
Certain Transactions. We may disclose or transfer personal information or any information collected through this Site to third parties who acquire all or a portion of our business, whether such acquisition is by way of merger, consolidation, or purchase of all or a portion of our assets, or in connection with any bankruptcy or reorganization proceeding brought by or against us.
Internet Based Advertising. We may participate in Interest-based and behavioral advertising. This means that you may see advertising on the Site tailored to how you engage, browse or shop, or you may see advertising for us on other websites, applications and social media based on your behavior across websites, applications and social media. We may target ads based on data we have collected, or data provided by third parties alone or in combination with the data we collect ourselves. If you choose to interact with specific third parties who advertise through the Site, the information you provide to them is subject to the conditions of their specific privacy policies.
V. Aggregate Information
VI. Your Choices
A. Information You Provide
You can always choose whether or not to provide information on this Site. However, if you choose not to disclose certain information, you may not be able to register as a user of this Site, which may limit your access to certain portions of this Site.
B. Communications from Us
If at any time you decide that you no longer wish to receive notices from us regarding this Site, you may indicate this preference by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
C. Do Not Track
VII. Information Storage and Security
We employ reasonable security precautions to help protect against the loss, misuse, and alteration of personal information provided on or through this Site. These security measures include Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology for data in transmission. However, no method of transmitting or storing data is completely secure. As a result, although we strive to protect personal information about you, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us through or in connection with this Site. If you have reason to believe that personal information is no longer secure, please notify us immediately by contacting us in accordance with the last section below.
VIII. A Special Note about Children
Children are not eligible to use the Site, and we ask that minors (under the age of 18) not submit any personal information to us.
IX. External Links
X. United States Only
This Site is hosted in the United States and is intended for use by residents of the United States of America only. All matters relating to this Site are governed exclusively by the laws of the State of North Carolina in the United States of America and not the jurisdiction in which you are located. If you are located outside of the United States of America and you contact us, please be advised that any information you provide to us will be transferred to the United States of America and that, by submitting information, you explicitly authorize such transfer.
XI. Updating Information
We encourage registered users of this Site to keep their personal information current. You may change certain personal information you have provided about you at any time by logging into the personal profile you created on this Site. After you enter your username and password, you can edit personal information about you. You may also change personal information you have provided about you by contacting us at email@example.com.
Last Updated: November, 2016.